It is located on the border between Sannio, Irpinia and Apulia in an almost level area, surrounded by countrysides with huge cereal crops and farms equipped for the breeding of sheep and cattle.
The small town, named Castelfranco, appears for the first time in history in a document of the late 12th century. In 1811, Gioacchino Murat assigned the village to the province of Capitanata and, the year following the Unification of Italy, it joined the province of Benevento.
Among the most interesting places, the Church and Convent of Santa Maria delle Grazie, now the town hall of 13th century; the Chapel of San Lorenzo, the original church of the early 1800s was rebuilt after it collapsed in 1926. The Church of San Giovanni.